Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Saturday, June 04, 2005

You know what is wonderful?

Waking up at 11:15 after an exhausting day and having no consequences, missing nothing. I woke up for the phone again, trying not to kill myself as I got out of bed with my sheet all wrapped around me. :-) My mind still thinks of many things to do, but I am trying to get past that and rest. I still need to do a few things for Africa, a friend wants me to go to her graduation party, so I need some sort of gift-haven't decided yet, I need to think about a gift for my uncle's wedding too. Today is Saturday, a day of rest, and I shall rest. I might read some, I might swim some, I might bake some, only God knows.

Last night was good, I spent some time with Brandi and then Brad (her boyfriend) joined us. The only problem is, Brad lied to his parents about where he was going last night, which in turn placed both Brandi and I in a position to lie to her parents when they made comments and asked questions about him actually being able to come over. He has done it before, and when he fessed up to his parents, they claimed it was probably better that he lied. I talked to Brandi about it last night, because I am not going to be in the situation to lie to her parents again, and she said she would talk to him today. She knows that it is wrong, and yet it is frustrating that his parents are so lock down with him. I am supposed to be there to "watch them" in a way, which is why her parents were a little more lax last night when he was there and they weren't, and I find it hard to do that. I let them go ahead and be close, but after a while, I go ahead and get in the middle of things. Not that they are doing horrible things, but I feel like saying, don't be in a position that you wouldn't be comfortable being in with your parents around. Though they are not overly physical, they are a young couple. Blah, I don't know where to draw the line, and I want to say that it isn't my line to draw, but her mom told me I was supposed to be stopping "that" when they were wrapped in each other's arms saying goodbye, and she thought they were kissing. I feel better after writing it all out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]