Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Monday, May 30, 2005

Today's agenda

Clean. Move in. Sort through stuff and pick out what I wont be needing until I move again.

College is strange, you move a lot. At least twice a year. By the end, when people ask you how many times you have moved in your life (four years of college counted), you can say at least six-eight. Hopefully, by the last of your moving you are really good at knowing what you need and what you don't need. I think I am getting better. Each time I clean my room extensively at home I end up throwing away three-five large black bags of trash; I have to be getting down to the bare essentials by now. I am learning to let go, of more than just material possessions.

It is going to be an all day adventure to move in. It usually is for me as I take breaks to do things like this and to lay out on the floor just thinking through stuff. Tonight I will be going to a community base ball game with the church's team, and attend young adult's group at starbucks. So, I should get the cleaning done before then, because if I don't I will have to start all over again another day when it has become less clean and spend a whole other day moving in; it is just the way things happen with me. So I am off, counting down the hours until I get ready for the day (around 5-6 this evening :-)) and head off to the game.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]