Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Long post, beware.

I am going to "be an aunt!" That is a direct quote from the father, whom I am sure did not really know another way to tell me, but he gave me the title and I am keeping it. :-). I went to track down a friend from years ago, and I am soooo glad I took that chance! Plus, I got to go to the high school graduation, which I wasn't able to go to until I showed up unexpectantly at Brandi's house because it was really the only place to park in the neighborhood. Well, they had a plan to get me into the graduation so, needless to say, it followed through. So, I got to say hello to a few friends and let them know I was there. Okay, so anyhow, as I was saying...
This is going to take a lot to explain, and I want to get it all out. Stop reading now and just know that two friends of mine are having a baby, and that I came home to a newly made bed.

Tonight I decided that I was actually going to follow through with something I have been thinking about doing, tracking down some people from the past. I had a list of people, my main idea was to find someone I had dated for a good amount of time, but less than a year. You see, we started going down the wrong path together, and as I turned around, he just kept on going. I have really wanted to know if he ever turned around. I also wanted to go by and see Gus, really for the purpose of trying to connect with Josh-someone I really held high opinions of in high school. He was one of those "only guy's" that I could talk to about whatever was going on, and who had a good head on his shoulders and an active roll in the church. He was one to give good advice, guidance, support, and encouragement, while being willing to talk about what was up in his life as well. As the list fell in no particular order, the last one is Amanda, who lives in town along with Gus and Jeremy, while Josh and the ex (for some reason I just don't want to use his name-it's Travis. There, I said it-weird), lived in places I had never been to. I know, this is long, and somewhat complicated, but I told you to stop reading a while ago.
After the graduation tonight I walked over to Jeremy Byrd's house, I knew him when I was little and then again when I was in high school. He was good friends with Travis. He also was dating Amanda all through her high school years though somewhat off and on at times; she graduated with me, and him, two years before if I am not mistaken, with Josh, Gus, and Travis. Well, he opened the door (thankfully) and I just stood there smiling, giving a little wave. He smiled, laughed a little, and asked what I was doing. Then, he quickly announced, "You're going to be an aunt." I couldn't believe it, though I really could. I saw their first ultrasound and everything. Unfortunately, she wasn't home, still at work. Oh but you guys was it so good to hear him, and about what was going on in his life! God really has given me a greater appreciation for life. I was even excited about his voice! There was something there, something so welcoming and different than it had been last time I had talked to him. He is going to be a dad! It has surely brought out the best in him. We talked for a while, and when I mentioned trying to see the other people on my list, he gave me the updates I needed, and there was only one person left that I cared to visit in the end. See, it seems Jeremy has not talked to Travis in months, and he never did turn around, more sad news followed when I mentioned tracking down Gus to get ahold of Josh...Jeremy informed me that Josh had severed all ties with anyone he knew in high school and became a rather large jerk. It seems like a lot went on by the way he shook his head and stared off a bit, not saying really more than I don't need to track him down. Oh, but the best news ever! Amanda has the weekend off, and so they are going to call me tomorrow so I can come and see her! YAY!! I am sooo excited. God has opened the doors, this happened to be the only weekend I have free before I leave for Africa! Jeremy asked me at one point in the conversation if I had a break at Christmas this past year, I felt a twinge of sadness that I hadn't tried to come sooner, but you know what? God is gooood, and God is in control of things, I cannot be sad about things that I didn't do, because I am doing things now! Okay, quick thing about the bed since I have written so much already, I came home to find my room a bit less chaotic than when I left it (I had been cleaning some more today, putting things away and putting out some decorations). My bed was completely cleared off, and made with new sheets and every thing. It isn't the first time he has done it, but my dad is sure silly. He makes me happy. Okay, last thing, There was the most beautiful shade of green in the sky tonight with a brilliant crescent moon just above the stretch of the color. It was so beautiful. God is such an artist. I couldn't stop looking at it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]