Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Friday, June 10, 2005

I am finished

Well, I finished Ice Station by Matt Reilly. Very suspenseful and actioned packed. I think I can see why Laramie would like it. I enjoyed it. I might think about buying another one of his books. I do see a trend in his writing after I read just a bit of the exerpt of another book placed in the back of Ice Station. The trend seems to be of people's heads exploding, described with unique similes and done in what I have found to be, at least three different categories of ways. Good times..

I was thinking about my answer to the question: "What has God been teaching you?"
I thought through the answers I would give, have given:
God has been teaching me that He is big, and that He is fighting for me, and that He will win;
How to keep loving others, even when it doesn't seem like they deserve it.
I would also say that He has grown within me a greater appreciation of life. I think over all though, the one thing that stood out to me today, when I thought of what I would say to such a question is, God is calling me to learn who He is. The only thing that follows that is my reply, "I don't know how." I could list off a number of ways how, that is not the problem. The problem lies under the thin layer of the initial "how" part of the solution, and is embeded in the thick, "how to" part of the solution. Read the Bible. Okay, but how? With what motivation, in which direction, with what in mind, how fast, when? Where is the passion? I have to fight to stay away from dangerous comparison. That isn't the answer.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]