Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Men in my life.

They may be young, they may be old, but they have one thing in common, they are awesome, and have God working through them in amazing ways. Personally, I don't know where I would be without God having put them in my life. Dave, Curtis, Jason, Matt, Timothy, Mike, Scott; God surprised me this semester. I would have never guessed to be friends with people like them. People who are willing to take time to ask you questions and help you think through things when you just don't know what you believe; people who share their experiences so openly; people who let you know they have been there before and found their way through; people who listen to you talk about everything, even if they have only known you for a week, and still listen to you six months later; people who say what you need to hear, right when you need to hear it; people who stick around, no matter how crazy you get; people who stick by your side and walk you through the tough stuff of life. Thank you guys, for choosing to be there.

God, you have brought me to praise and worship of Your holy name because of who you are. You have shown me love through them; shown me grace; shown me friendship and light. You have given me a greater appreciation of men because of them, and you have shown me good things through them. You have revealed Yourself to me through them. You have given me a greater appreciation for You and for the life you have given me through them. You have given me a greater appreciation for myself through them. Thank you my God, my King for them, the men in my life. They have shown me your ways when I was lost, and you have blessed my life with them. You have given me the greatest joy that fills me each time they come around. You have given me peace, given me comfort through them. God I thank you for the time you have given me with them. Blessed be Your name. Oh Lord do not let me forget the lessons you have taught me, do not let me forget the blessings you have given. Let not such sweet memories slip from my mind. Lord I pray that you would bless them. Fill their days with Your joy, Your peace, Your love. Thank you for them, thank you for you.
~Amen.



1 Comments:

Blogger Aurenande said...

It's an honour to be your friend. :-)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]