Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Any excuse it seems

There is something about winter days that gets me excited. It must be a lot of things. All I really can tell is it excites me to the point of being incapable of sitting still. Or at least my thoughts are consumed by the thought of not. I am sitting here, trying to get work done and enjoying the bags of popcorn I snagged from the tin, watching the sun illuminate the world, and listening to 4Him which has a Christmas feel to me, and all I can think about is getting up and dancing. Maybe it is the fact that I don't understand my statistics homework that persuades my thoughts to be focused else where. My thoughts travel as far as January and back each minute. The thought of seeing snow as beautiful as the snow captured in the image on my desktop excites me. My body will not sit still without force. The thought of being in a different winter brings my soul to life. The thought of being in a different winter for three weeks, and having someone who knows all about it show me around, guiding me with a new perspective, makes any other thoughts inconceivable. I need to go. I need to go dance. I need to go think about the beauty of God reflected in His creation; through and through. I need to go and let my God prepare my heart for worship and praise. I need to go and let my Father hold me, and consume my thoughts...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]