Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Friday, October 14, 2005

Today has been a long day.

I feel like there hasn't been time to talk. Not on my end, but for others. On my end, I feel as though there hasn't been time to listen. This creates a problem. You see, when people think there is no time for either one of these, they don't take any time to do them. I long to listen. I love to listen, getting out of my own world, yet bringing the person closer to it. I haven't had a talk-out in a long time. I miss a friend who is far away. I miss friends who I am around every day. What's wrong with this picture? The latter shouldn't be.

I am sorry friends. I am sorry if it seems I am unavailable. I am sorry that I have not had the energy to approach you and seek you out.

***************************************************************************

Okay, so today is Sunday. I never got to finish my post because I was too tired to open my eyes and type. I got nine and a half hours of sleep that night, and that was not the extent of God's blessings yesterday.

During GodBlog on Friday my chest started hurting in a way I have never felt before, my head, and really from the shoulders up, was in pain and aspirin did nothing, I felt like I hadn't eaten anything all day and that was far from the truth and I was tired. God got me through the day with a calming Spirit after my most aggravating part of the day happened when a freshman acted in a manner during GB that was unacceptable.

Well, yesterday my blessings came in multitude as I started off the day fresh and ready to go take on the last day of GB. I did the best I could to not close my eyes in Roger Overton and Amy Hall's session (the two I was assisting), as I have a brain that does not like to be with out something to work out and process things that amount to more than a lecture. The session was on apologetics and blogging, which was rather interesting and very Biola like (considering Roger was actually a Talbot student, it was fitting.)

My short writing during the session:
Once again it feels so great to serve. I never think about the benefits of it until I receive them. It is a beautiful thing to take the opportunity to serve. God didn't ask us to serve one another to enslave us and/or burden us, but to benefit us. Just as serving God does not act as enslavement or demeaning, but in fact brings many rewards. God takes care of His servants ten times better than the best person in the world.
I was able to see an incredible image of the Body of Christ this weekend as all around me many were actively engaged in servanthood. It was incredible to see a connected body of people holding each other together. As one served the other, the other served the one. As I was expecting to be only of service, I found, to my surprise, people asking to serve me. God is amazing.

In the end of GB I was spending time with someone who can lighten my day when the darkest of clouds roll in, and somehow make it even brighter when the sun is shining. It was a beautiful sight to see someone so tired, so ready to leave, stick around for the right reasons. Someone who had no obligation on paper stay and help long after his time was over. I am so honored and blessed to be able to love someone like him. Today, God has allowed me to do so however, and I hope to live it out to its fullest.

Friends. They found me, just in time for dinner. I was captivated by the beauty of God's painting as the sun went down, and in awe of the pictures captured of my favorite tree, because now I can take them with me. After a photo shoot of Creation, I found welcoming smiles and words in a room that had not been filled with the four of us in weeks. We talked. We talked and talked and talked. We laughed. A lot. We encouraged each other. It was beautiful. All that I had been longing for and waiting for had come. How wonderful our God is that He would bless us with things such as the friendship I have with three beautiful, wonderful, spectacular women. I don't know how to thank Him, but I believe it involves loving them and showing them Love.

So for now I am off to get ready for the day as we planned a trip to 'Bucks and then we will be off to church.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]