Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Sunday, October 02, 2005

God made good-this might be long

I decided last night that I would not be attending church this morning, and God made good from that choice, as He is so faithful to do even when we choose wrong.

Both my mother and father called me this morning. Yes, that is right, my mother called. I still don't understand why she used this excuse: www.gocaching.com. (I can't seem to figure out how to link)
I love God's way of revealing the way He looks at people, when our way is so twisted at times and never perfect. I didn't understand why she called me at seven this morning, especially for that which I linked to above. That is her though. No matter what, she will always be a part of my life, and that is something a lot of people don't have. No matter what, I can't deny that I have been waiting for her to write me, contact me, something. After talking to my dad, and seeing the beauty of love, whether it lasts as it is or not, I can't look on it in any way that portrays it as something without good. My mother and my father divorced, more than 15 years ago. But my dad still sees good. I wish I could convey to you what that means to me, and how God uses my dad, of all people, to help me see the good in my mom when I forget that it is there. God please forgive me for holding on to my twisted view. Thank you for revealing the beauty and good that You have made.
It is funny how my heart can feel so wrong about looking at someone and not liking them. How my entire being is disrupted when I can't seem to find good in someone. That is why, when I do find something good about someone I basically wrote off, it hits me hard. I can't help but swell with tears when my foolish expectations about people are broken in the most beautiful way. Thank you God, for using my staying home to teach me something I so often forget. Thank you dad, for not holding your tongue and speaking of God's beauty and using Love to speak to my heart.

******************************************************************************

Yesterday, I was blessed with friendship. Friendship only God could have made. It seemed so crazy, as it very well was, to start the day in a running frenzy. A frenzy that just didn't feel right. At some point, and I can't pinpoint when, God covered us in peace and we fell into a way of being together that no longer allowed frenzy chaos, but instead allowed us to be who we are together. There are those few friendships that make you wonder why people could ever even think that this world was an accident because the chances of them happening are so far off into a land of nothing we can not even come close in five trillion years to reproducing something that comes with in one-billionth of a centimeter close to its furthest decimal and I spent the night blessed with three. And to think, God chose to glorify Himself by first creating us, and then blessing us with things like that. How intricately beautiful. How glorious.
We found so much delight in things that I would usually think were wrong. Someone decided to pour out an entire economy size bottle of dish soap into the fountain in Brea. Little did they, or we, know that we would find so much joy in something so simple as bubbles. We started a trend while we were in our own world and found ten others creating their own war of the bubbles. It was beautiful to see us, living at an age that so many waste with the world's view of maturity, finding pleasure in such simplicity.

Thank you Father, for smiling down upon Your children. Thank you for making so much good out of our foolish choices to glorify yourself. Thank you God, for being the only one worthy of glory and for making us, so unworthy, a part of it that we might experience it. Thank you for bubbles, as they were evident through out the day and made beauty out of things so opposite.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]