Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Friday, August 19, 2005

Feelings from above

You know what? I am suprised at how good it felt to help someone. And I made it. From nine to five, I worked my tail off. I sat down for twenty minutes the entire day. Heck yes, and it felt good. It felt like, for once, I deserved to sit down. Not like I did that for another hour afterwards, but the dinner Allison and I made was good.

Back to the people. It felt so good today to know things and be able to share that knowledge. Which, after pointing this out, makes me wonder why all of us aren't out there, including me, telling people about the knowledge we have. The knowledge that is worth far more than whether or not they should buy a new computer for their daughter, or how many note books they should get for classes, if any, and which kind at that. As Allison fell into comfort with the cash register, I found confidence in doing my part around the store with the customers. I clocked in around half of an hour total on the cash register. The rest of my time was spent checking on sizes, reorganizing, answering questions, and then for half of the day I greeted and answered questions. I also, while greeting, had the privelage of offering a free tote to the parents, which brightened up their day as they saw their savings acounts drop to zero. To have a laugh on such a day I know meant a lot, as they all chuckled at the message printed on the bag, "My kid and my money go to Biola." It was great times. By the end I did feel the effects of the long day, but I was able to hold it together. God worked a miracle today-somehow I was able to get through it, and I know it was only because of Him. He is so good. How faithful and enduring He is. During the last rush of the day, I greeted a group of customers like I had been the entire day, and a man in the group said something to the effect of, "No way. You cannot be that energetic. You have to be as tired as I am." Guys, I had a great day, and I only have God to thank for it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]