Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I love the bookstore.

Sure; there are times when it gets crazy. You've got phones ringing, internet orders coming in for a California overnight, and about ten people in line who either don't have their money ready or pay with a credit card on file that their parents forgot to tell them had expired.

But then there are days like today. Rather slow, and in fact, quite boring. It's days like these that you get to sit back and watch. Watch people like the three working at the register. A circle of laughter and smiles while one reads, How to Rescue Your Love Life. Then there is the back desk. That's where I was today. We try to keep two people at the back desk at all times. The one who worked with me was rather entertaining as she jumped three feet in the air when I came up behind her to poke her sides. I entertained myself for a bit imagining the bear sitting on top of the cash register was suddenly hit off by a flying object. That was fun.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]