Sometimes I just have to remind myself I am not

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

So, I got to my aunt’s house today and the moment I got here my cousin Max (six years old) came running out screaming so I picked him up and swung him around, twisting him upside down as we both screamed. It was great to see him. We proceeded to play air basketball in the living room, I think he won; it was a pretty close game. After that we had Taxco (Mexican food), which is exactly what I thought we might have. Of course, it was awkward to talk to my aunt, I didn’t really know what to talk to her about. I finally told her about Curtis, and she asked why I never told her about him before, and why I didn’t introduce him as my boyfriend. She, for some reason, believes that I should call and tell my family whenever anything in my life that can be called interesting by anyone happens. It is a strange idea I don't think I will be acting upon. She also asked why I didn’t have him come with us to Thanksgiving, since I am going to visit him for three weeks. Well, hmm. I think it is too late now. And I think that God is working. I love it when He works. Max and I played hide and seek for a while; it was great. We both got scared a bit, and I even scared my aunt. Now? Now we are watching a soldier movie (of course) called “North and South.” It is actually pretty good, and has bunch of big actors and actresses; who, I have no idea. You have to love him, and since I know that adding this to the quote board might confuse people because they don't know who he is, here is my favorite quote from him so far:

“I like Cold Mountain. That’s my favorite! I like the kissing part!” ~Max

And to think he wanted his mom to turn the radio station when the song "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mirmaid came on.
********************************************************************************************
That was last night. Today is Turkey Day. My dad told me not to worry about coming out to his parent's and said to stay with my mom's side (and no, my mom was not there-she never is). So I did just that, and thanked God that my grandma offered to take me home at last when they started to leave, because I noticed that my aunt and uncle weren't budging yet and I was ready to leave. The car ride up wasn't that bad at all, it wasn't all that comfortable, but the driving went well as far as I could tell. There were a few accidents that clogged up the freeway here and there, but other than that the traffic was significantly better than yesterday. So, I have gotten to see my family on one side, I have seen my dad, and now I have talked to a very handsom man that I happen to be in love with. My night is going well. To add to it, I got to talk to Jeremy and Jason, and then Jenny, Gina, and Allie via Gina came on! How blessed my night is. To top it all off, God is good! I think I am going to go to bed early tonight. Early being right around midnight. So, Happy Thanksgiving all, and may you not be mobbed if you decide to go shopping on Black Friday.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]